The latest funding provided by Ocean Family Foundation will allow Yachts for Science to continue their invaluable work matching private yachts with marine scientists. Founded by a team of marine biologists, environmental researchers and media documentaries, YFS recognised that thousands of yachts were left at anchor, whilst hundreds of marine biologists are desperate for access to the sea. By creating a simple matchmaking platform, YFS can facilitate thousands of pounds worth of research utilising available assets. This April Mantra Trust has access to a private vessel in the Maldives for a week.
- The Sargasso Sea is a vibrant and unique ocean ecosystem
- Meet Gilda Da Madelena Luis; a valued member of the OWB
- PlasticFree is taking part in the London Design Festival
- Worldrise Onlus has established two new SEATYs
- Save the Med Foundation are participating in a new project named ‘Tackling single-use plastics in the Adriatic region