November has been a month of important recognition for the commitment of Worldrise Onlus in safeguarding our ocean. Marine biologist Mariasole Bianco, president and co-founder of Worldrise, participated in ‘The economy of the future’ and the ‘National Geographic Fest‘, events highlighting sustainable development, climate change, and the importance of MPA’s. Mariasole has also been awarded with the ‘Special Mention for Sustainable Development’ by the European Commission, as part of the GammaDonna award for innovative female entrepreneurship.
- This month A Plastic Planet has challenged Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak
- Fish-catch surveys are key to developing sustainable small-scale fisheries
- The first SEATY – local marine conservation area has been created in Sardinia
- Trash Hero announces 53,102 kg of trash has been collected between Jan – July.
- During the summer months, Save The Med’s scientific team are back studying the giant devil rays