On September 10th, Worldrise Onlus took part in the Small in scale, big in value event organised by the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations (FAO) to celebrate the International Year of Artisanal Fisheries and Aquaculture. Worldrise has been working on the theme of responsible fishing with the SEAstainable project focusing on the enhancement of artisanal fishing and consumer awareness. On this occasion the team talked about the importance of artisanal fishing in different local cultures. They hosted a workshop for children, dedicated to the seasonality of fish, and another which focused on educating listeners on the craft of artisan fishermen.
- The Sargasso Sea is a vibrant and unique ocean ecosystem
- Meet Gilda Da Madelena Luis; a valued member of the OWB
- PlasticFree is taking part in the London Design Festival
- Worldrise Onlus has established two new SEATYs
- Save the Med Foundation are participating in a new project named ‘Tackling single-use plastics in the Adriatic region