30×30 Italia is Worldrise’s Campaign which aims to protect 30% of our seas by 2030 through the establishment and effective management of Marine Protected Areas (MPA). The ocean provides 50% of the worlds oxygen and absorbs approximately 25% of excess CO2. When it comes to winning the fight against climate change the ocean is our best ally. The growth of MPA’s and increasing essential education and awareness will go a long way towards protecting this essential ecosystem.
- The Sargasso Sea is a vibrant and unique ocean ecosystem
- Meet Gilda Da Madelena Luis; a valued member of the OWB
- PlasticFree is taking part in the London Design Festival
- Worldrise Onlus has established two new SEATYs
- Save the Med Foundation are participating in a new project named ‘Tackling single-use plastics in the Adriatic region