Trash Hero Pattani in Thailand organised a “zero waste camping” trip for 125 local residents, putting the concepts of reducing and separating waste into action over a weekend of family fun activities. The trip generated only 40g of residual waste per person per day, compared to the typical 1.3kg daily average per capita in Thailand. Best of all, the volunteers were able to demonstrate to local people that zero waste is possible in all kinds of situations.
- The Sargasso Sea is a vibrant and unique ocean ecosystem
- Meet Gilda Da Madelena Luis; a valued member of the OWB
- PlasticFree is taking part in the London Design Festival
- Worldrise Onlus has established two new SEATYs
- Save the Med Foundation are participating in a new project named ‘Tackling single-use plastics in the Adriatic region