Worldrise Onlus ongoing project AMPlification is intended to make citizens and the local communities aware of the importance of the Italian Marine Protected Areas (MPAs), areas of sea where biodiversity of protected with a view to sustainable development. The most recent edition has been developed with the support of the Ariston Group in Liguria, Italy. The area lies within the Bergeggi MPA, and here a total of 60 students were involved in lessons and bio-walks on the beach where they discovered marine biodiversity in action. Children were able to learn about the Blue Planet and how to preserve its treasures under the guidance of the marine biologists of the non-profit organization, along with parents, grandparents, and members of the local community.
- The Sargasso Sea is a vibrant and unique ocean ecosystem
- Meet Gilda Da Madelena Luis; a valued member of the OWB
- PlasticFree is taking part in the London Design Festival
- Worldrise Onlus has established two new SEATYs
- Save the Med Foundation are participating in a new project named ‘Tackling single-use plastics in the Adriatic region