Sharks International is the most important conference on shark science at a world scale. The event which is celebrated every 4 years and was held in Valencia this year, engaged 600 delegates from 69 countries. The program included over 280 speakers and featured a rich diversity of research, presented through posters and digital presentations. Save The Med‘s co-founder Gabriel Morey was invited to present the main results of their research on the spinetail devil ray (Mobula mobular) in a talk titled ‘Unveiling the secret life of the spinetail devil ray around the Balearic Islands (NW Mediterranean): from its occurrence to its behaviour and movement patterns’, along with STM members Dan and Alice who presented STM’s projects.
- The Sargasso Sea is a vibrant and unique ocean ecosystem
- Meet Gilda Da Madelena Luis; a valued member of the OWB
- PlasticFree is taking part in the London Design Festival
- Worldrise Onlus has established two new SEATYs
- Save the Med Foundation are participating in a new project named ‘Tackling single-use plastics in the Adriatic region