OWB’s sea turtle monitoring programmes on both Mnemba Island (Zanzibar) and Vamizi Island (Mozambique) have supported over 20 years of research on the ‘Endangered’ green and ‘Critically Endangered’ hawksbill turtles; this invaluable dataset both supports and informs their protection. In this image, OWB’s researcher Gelica Inteca is doing a quick vitals check and taking measurements of a female green turtle, who was found on the rocks at low tide, stranded and exhausted after laying her eggs on Vamizi Island. This beautiful turtle was then gently assisted back into the ocean. CLICK HERE to learn more.
- The Sargasso Sea is a vibrant and unique ocean ecosystem
- Meet Gilda Da Madelena Luis; a valued member of the OWB
- PlasticFree is taking part in the London Design Festival
- Worldrise Onlus has established two new SEATYs
- Save the Med Foundation are participating in a new project named ‘Tackling single-use plastics in the Adriatic region