For the 2021- 22 school year, more than 2,300 students have already signed up to the Save The Med Foundation ‘Dos Manos Schools Programme’, during which students learn about plastic pollution, conduct a beach clean and citizen science survey to help them categorise and count thousands of plastic objects found on their local beaches. The collected data is then uploaded to a database and used by the Save The Med team to raise awareness, inform policy and develop solutions to meet issues caused by plastic pollution.
- The Sargasso Sea is a vibrant and unique ocean ecosystem
- Meet Gilda Da Madelena Luis; a valued member of the OWB
- PlasticFree is taking part in the London Design Festival
- Worldrise Onlus has established two new SEATYs
- Save the Med Foundation are participating in a new project named ‘Tackling single-use plastics in the Adriatic region