Following the heat wave that the Mediterranean has been experiencing since May this year, Save The Med conducted a study to evaluate the state of corals in the Formentor area, in Mallorca. Preliminary findings suggest that there are indeed corals in some areas of Formentor that have been impacted by the heat and have uncoupled from the algae that they live in symbiosis with, leaving only the coral skeleton behind.
- The Sargasso Sea is a vibrant and unique ocean ecosystem
- Meet Gilda Da Madelena Luis; a valued member of the OWB
- PlasticFree is taking part in the London Design Festival
- Worldrise Onlus has established two new SEATYs
- Save the Med Foundation are participating in a new project named ‘Tackling single-use plastics in the Adriatic region