It’s all in a day’s work for OWB Mnemba Island Community & Conservation ranger team. Their ‘ECHO’ programme of environmental education lessons to school learners, using locally relevant content, is key to our ‘Future Leaders’ focus point. In this image, Hija Khamis Uledi is teaching a group of learners from Mbuyamaji Primary School, Zanzibar. This is something very close to his heart. As Hija explains, “Young people wanting to be marine rangers must have a love for marine environments.” And understanding the importance of this environment is the first step. Read more HERE.
- The Sargasso Sea is a vibrant and unique ocean ecosystem
- Meet Gilda Da Madelena Luis; a valued member of the OWB
- PlasticFree is taking part in the London Design Festival
- Worldrise Onlus has established two new SEATYs
- Save the Med Foundation are participating in a new project named ‘Tackling single-use plastics in the Adriatic region