With 6 turtle and star-shaped reef constructs now securely in place, and 1,523 coral colonies transplanted onto these structures by the OWB Community & Conservation ranger team, this new artificial reef site is set to flourish. All of these coral colonies were “home-grown” by the team in the flourishing coral nursery that they established at Mnemba Island House Reef, Zanzibar, in October 2021. A further 1,580 coral colonies from this nursery are regenerating degraded local reef sections in this multi-phased project that is going from strength to strength. Learn more here.
- The Sargasso Sea is a vibrant and unique ocean ecosystem
- Meet Gilda Da Madelena Luis; a valued member of the OWB
- PlasticFree is taking part in the London Design Festival
- Worldrise Onlus has established two new SEATYs
- Save the Med Foundation are participating in a new project named ‘Tackling single-use plastics in the Adriatic region