School’s out for summer! This spring, nearly 1,000 students and 80 teachers joined Save the Med’s Dos Manos School Programme, an initiative which explores the issue of plastic in the marine environment and the effect this has on our marine life and ourselves. It’s offered to local schools with the aim of reaching and engaging as many students, teachers and parents as possible with marine conservation, ultimately helping to shape an environmentally caring and proactive local population and future generation. The recent team worked hard to categorise and remove plastic pollution from beaches all around Mallorca. The Top 5 most commonly found items included: microplastics, cigarette butts, bottle lids, ear bud sticks, and ropes and strings. Learn more about here.
- The Sargasso Sea is a vibrant and unique ocean ecosystem
- Meet Gilda Da Madelena Luis; a valued member of the OWB
- PlasticFree is taking part in the London Design Festival
- Worldrise Onlus has established two new SEATYs
- Save the Med Foundation are participating in a new project named ‘Tackling single-use plastics in the Adriatic region