Earlier this month Worldrise Onlus hosted Festivalmar, a four day festival devoted to celebrating the sea. From the 8th – 11th June in the Golfo Aranci, there were free activities for all ages to enjoy, from art, music, talks and more. The event, now in its second year, began on World Oceans Day, and successfully engaged both the local community, as well as tourists and individuals with a like-minded passion for ocean conservation. In line with the UN’s theme for this year’s World Day “Ocean Planet: the tide is turning”, the event brought to life knowledge of the marine environment, promoting the positive role anyone can play in its protection. The third edition of Festivalmar will take place in 2024, continuing the celebration of the sea and highlighting its importance.
- The Sargasso Sea is a vibrant and unique ocean ecosystem
- Meet Gilda Da Madelena Luis; a valued member of the OWB
- PlasticFree is taking part in the London Design Festival
- Worldrise Onlus has established two new SEATYs
- Save the Med Foundation are participating in a new project named ‘Tackling single-use plastics in the Adriatic region