Earlier this year Yachts For Science matched Dr Kristen Brown to MY No Limit a 90ft privately owned exploration in Hawaii. In Aug/ Sept this year, she will be joining the vessel to carry out vital research. Kristen is a coral reef ecologist who researches the effects of global change on coral reef ecosystems. Her research aims to better understand physiological and ecological changes to individual organisms, species interactions, and coral reef ecosystems under global change. Specifically, her current research focuses on acidification resilience and if corals native to habitats with extreme daily changes in pH are better suited to survive under acidification stress.
- The Sargasso Sea is a vibrant and unique ocean ecosystem
- Meet Gilda Da Madelena Luis; a valued member of the OWB
- PlasticFree is taking part in the London Design Festival
- Worldrise Onlus has established two new SEATYs
- Save the Med Foundation are participating in a new project named ‘Tackling single-use plastics in the Adriatic region