Yachts For Science are currently supporting Basecamp Research Water Sampling. Shown here, Emma Bolton is using a portable lab to carry out water / marine sediment sampling, whilst vessels are doing sea trials or during deliveries. This vital DNA research has minimal impact to the vessels private programme or charters. The portable lab allows Basecamp to filter water and extract the DNA from water and marine sediment in the sampling locations the vessel is working in. This allows for analysis of biodiversity of the marine environment, providing insights which are made publicly available for diversity studies world-wide.
- This month A Plastic Planet has challenged Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak
- Fish-catch surveys are key to developing sustainable small-scale fisheries
- The first SEATY – local marine conservation area has been created in Sardinia
- Trash Hero announces 53,102 kg of trash has been collected between Jan – July.
- During the summer months, Save The Med’s scientific team are back studying the giant devil rays