Yachts For Science are currently supporting Basecamp Research Water Sampling. Shown here, Emma Bolton is using a portable lab to carry out water / marine sediment sampling, whilst vessels are doing sea trials or during deliveries. This vital DNA research has minimal impact to the vessels private programme or charters. The portable lab allows Basecamp to filter water and extract the DNA from water and marine sediment in the sampling locations the vessel is working in. This allows for analysis of biodiversity of the marine environment, providing insights which are made publicly available for diversity studies world-wide.
- The Sargasso Sea is a vibrant and unique ocean ecosystem
- Meet Gilda Da Madelena Luis; a valued member of the OWB
- PlasticFree is taking part in the London Design Festival
- Worldrise Onlus has established two new SEATYs
- Save the Med Foundation are participating in a new project named ‘Tackling single-use plastics in the Adriatic region