Trash Hero are delighted to announce that from January – July 2022, 26,666 volunteers (of which 8,098 were under 16) completed 1,615 cleanups, collecting 53,102 kg of trash. That’s an average of 9 cleanups and 265 kg of trash per day! During every cleanup, a chapter leader records data – the number of volunteers in attendance, the weight of the trash collected and how many kids have taken part – which is then published. Click here to view global beach cleanup statistics.
- This month A Plastic Planet has challenged Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak
- Fish-catch surveys are key to developing sustainable small-scale fisheries
- The first SEATY – local marine conservation area has been created in Sardinia
- Trash Hero announces 53,102 kg of trash has been collected between Jan – July.
- During the summer months, Save The Med’s scientific team are back studying the giant devil rays