This month A Plastic Planet has challenged Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak to commit their government to a strict roadmap for making the UK plastic free by 2037. A Plastic Planet reports that plastic is ‘materially unsuited to single-use applications’, therefore new single-use plastic bans should be introduced ‘as early as 2024’ – prohibiting plastic sachets, bags, pots, single-use bottles, and fruit and veg wrapping. Sian Sutherland, Co-Founder of A Plastic Planet, said: “As a down payment on global leadership the UK should show the opportunities of Brexit, by going further and faster on taking the UK plastic free. “If the new Prime Minister does so, they will enjoy very strong public support.”
- This month A Plastic Planet has challenged Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak
- Fish-catch surveys are key to developing sustainable small-scale fisheries
- The first SEATY – local marine conservation area has been created in Sardinia
- Trash Hero announces 53,102 kg of trash has been collected between Jan – July.
- During the summer months, Save The Med’s scientific team are back studying the giant devil rays