Polly’s Challenge is a UKSA funded programme for Island children aged 10 – 14 years during the school holidays. Five action packed days help build confidence and a sense of adventure, whilst enabling them to have fun, be adventurous and learn new skills through participation in outdoor activities. Since the launch of the programme in the summer of 2018, 140 Isle of Wight children have taken part in Polly’s Challenge and have had a summer of adventure learning at UKSA.
- This month A Plastic Planet has challenged Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak
- Fish-catch surveys are key to developing sustainable small-scale fisheries
- The first SEATY – local marine conservation area has been created in Sardinia
- Trash Hero announces 53,102 kg of trash has been collected between Jan – July.
- During the summer months, Save The Med’s scientific team are back studying the giant devil rays