From 13th – 17th July Worldrise Onlus participated in Porto Rubino, the annual musical event which celebrates the sea and calls for its protection. Porto Rubino, now in its fourth edition, has always had the protection of the marine environment at heart. This year Worldrise partnered with the event along with fellow sustainability partner Ogyre (the first global platform for the recovery of litter from the ocean). Worldrise founder Mariasole Bianco was joined by Italian singer Renzo Rubino as they educated the audience on Worldrise’s Ecorider Project, which aims to reduce the impact of the music industry on marine ecosystems. Worldrise also organised a beach clean-up and distributed pocket ashtrays among festival participants in a step to educate party goers on the damage of cigarette littering.
- This month A Plastic Planet has challenged Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak
- Fish-catch surveys are key to developing sustainable small-scale fisheries
- The first SEATY – local marine conservation area has been created in Sardinia
- Trash Hero announces 53,102 kg of trash has been collected between Jan – July.
- During the summer months, Save The Med’s scientific team are back studying the giant devil rays