A Plastic Planet featured in the news this month as the team support for the development of EPR (Extended Producer Responsibility) schemes that work to reduce waste. The UK Government is pushing brands to pay for litter picking and business waste disposal as part of the global drive. Co-founder Sian Sutherland commented “for too long the guilt of the plastic crisis has been laid on shoppers, while the organisations who are pumping it out have no responsibility whatsoever. Extended producer responsibility is crucial if we’re to meet plastic pollution head on”.
- The Sargasso Sea is a vibrant and unique ocean ecosystem
- Meet Gilda Da Madelena Luis; a valued member of the OWB
- PlasticFree is taking part in the London Design Festival
- Worldrise Onlus has established two new SEATYs
- Save the Med Foundation are participating in a new project named ‘Tackling single-use plastics in the Adriatic region